Saturday, February 28, 2009

Conversations with my kids

Last weekend Kyler colored on the seat of my car while we were driving home from a visit with his grandparents. Yeah, I thought he knew that he was only supposed to color on the paper, but I won't make THAT mistake again. Anyway, yesterday we went to pick up my sister and when she looked back at the kids she said, "Who drew all over your seat???"

When I told her Kyler did it she asked him why he did it and if it was a nice thing to do. He just looked at her for a minute and then said, "Daddy already told me this."

She said, "Well, I'm telling you again. Was it a nice thing to do?" And he comes back with.....

"Only one grown-up can tell me about it!"

I don't know how he thought up that rule but it didn't fly with Aunt Kate! :)
______________________________________________

A couple of weeks ago we were at church and they had donuts in the lobby. I had already shared one with the kids before the service but after I picked them up from the nursery, Melissa wanted another one. My dad was holding her and she asked me for a donut. I told her she didn't need another one because we would be eating lunch soon. She scowled at me and turned to my dad with a sweet expression, "Donut, Pawpaw?"

Of course, he told her that Mommy had already told her she couldn't have another donut.

So she scowls at me again. And then....

She leans over and whispers in my dad's ear, "Donut, Pawpaw?"

Clever little thing but still....no donut for Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment