Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Matching

Melissa and I are really going to have to work on her fashion sense....I put an orange and white striped shirt on her this morning. She then comes to me with her pink house shoes and yellow socks wanting them on. I told her the yellow socks didn't match and she needed white ones (b/c she doesn't have orange ones) so then she says, "Wear purple socks!" I said white and she said, "Wear pink socks!" I said white and she then wanted blue. I laughed and asked if she wanted a different shirt on....she said, "Wear orange shirt!" So she decided she would wear the white socks....

THEN I told her she couldn't wear her house shoes because we were going outside and they are only inside shoes. So she picks her boots to wear. That's fine.....

And now her socks are completely covered by her boots so it wouldn't really have mattered what color socks she picked.........Hm.........

:)

2 comments:

  1. You're so much better than I am...I let Laura wear whatever socks she likes regardless of whether or not they match...she has no hope of being even the slightest bit normal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, but I was actually thinking the opposite. I tend to be way too controlling - having been the oldest of four, I like to be in charge and have things done my way. My children teach me every day new areas where I just need to let go and let them make their own decisions. Does it really matter what color socks she wears? NO! But I really want her to match....... :)

    ReplyDelete