Monday, February 23, 2009

Lazy Monday

We're apparently having a very lazy day here today. It's 10:45 and Melissa is still asleep and Kyler's been playing (mostly) quietly in his room since about 9. It's almost the time I normally give them lunch and about an hour before Melissa's usual naptime. Guess our schedule will be a bit off today. Oh well, what are Mondays for, anyway?

We had a very busy weekend and Melissa only got naps in the car - which means only about an hour each day cause that's the longest she'll nap in the car - so that's why she's sleeping so late today. I really really really wish Kyler was still sleeping too so that I could still be sleeping! The past three nights I've gone to bed way too late (around midnight - which is really late for me because I am one of those I-need-more-than-8-hours-each-night kind of people) and 2 of those nights Kyler woke up in the night crying about something or other. And LAST NIGHT he did that and was awake for about 2 hours. Good grief. He kept getting up and turning on his light (He turns his light on anytime he wakes up - even just to go to the bathroom. We're working on that....) and crying. Well, fake crying. It was more a screaming wail than anything else. He's always been a much better sleeper than this...at least since we got rid of the pacifier and he didn't wake up several times a night because he lost it and needed us to find it. Don't know what's going on with him right now but it has got to end because I'm too tired to deal with him in the middle of the night!

Good news - I'm down to the weight I was when I got pregnant with Melissa! Only 5 more lbs to go and I'll be back where I was before Kyler.... and then I can enjoy that for a while before I decide to put on more weight with baby #3. But my goal with baby #3 is to watch what I eat more closely so I don't gain as much as I did with the first two. We'll see how that goes - not sure I can give up my pregnant woman license-to-eat-whatever-I-want. :)

Different topic. Every year Brian does Lent. He's given up sweets a couple times because he has a huge sweet tooth. This year I think he's doing sweets and cereal (he would eat cereal for every meal if I would buy that much). And he wants me to do it with him. He wants us to both give up eating out. Ugh. That would definitely be a sacrifice....I love eating out. So much so that over the last 2 months I'm pretty sure I spent at least 75% of my Christmas money on eating out. I'm thinking about it.........

No comments:

Post a Comment