Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I hate it when I get so wound up...

Last night I laid in bed and mind was just going, going, going. I usually tend to fall asleep very easily but I found out last week that I am very likely going to be taking over the 4 year old room at Mother's Day Out next year and my director wants it to be run like a real pre-k room, rather than glorified baby-sitting. You have no idea how excited I am by this. I mean, I've had a teaching degree for 6 years and this is my first chance to really USE it. And I'm telling you, I'm going to use it. If it is within my power, we are going to have an organized, structured classroom with rules, consequences and lessons. And fun, too. :) But they've had that all along. Anyway, so last night I was working on what lessons I want to do for the first semester (basic colors, shapes, A-M and 1-10. Exciting, no? :) ) and when I went to bed I just had a running list of all the things I want to change in, add to, and make for the classroom. Now I'm just praying that I'll get a teaching partner who will be on board with all my plans!

I am also excited about something else that also had plans running through my head, but that's a post for another day. Like, in a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. That's exciting! You'll be great!!! You'll have to keep up posted on your year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! And I do the same thing...sometimes I even wake Hubby up to tell him what I'm thinking about and he just kind of grunts and ignore me. LOL

    ReplyDelete