Friday, January 30, 2009

Sleep is good!

So, I'm the type of person that needs alot of sleep. Brian was actually the one to get up and feed Melissa most nights because he is usually good running on 5 hours of sleep and I am not. At all. My parents will tell you that I was always a horrible grouch when I came home from sleepovers or camp because I never got enough sleep and it made me cranky! They were probably glad when I would come home and go straight to bed so they didn't have to deal with me. :)

And I HATE HATE HATE being woken up. It makes me tense and annoyed because I then have trouble getting back to sleep because I just expect to be woken up again. When Kyler was a baby (and until he was 2 when we got him off the pacifier) he would wake up several times a night crying because he lost his paci and couldn't find it or get it back in his mouth. And he took the shortest naps ever. That whole sleep-when-the-baby-sleeps thing? Didn't work for me because I was too tense waiting to hear him cry that I couldn't fall asleep. I was so thankful to discover that Melissa has NO problem keeping that paci in her mouth or finding it if she drops it! And, once she started sleeping through the night at 2 months, she never wakes up during the night unless she's sick or getting sick. And she's an awesome napper! Anyway......

Kyler rarely wakes up in the night anymore but now that he's potty-trained there are the occassional nights that he can't hold it all night and he'll actually wake up to go potty. Problem? He thinks it's morning and turns all the lights on! This morning at 4 am I woke up to bright light and the sound of Kyler lifting the toilet seat. Grrr..... I went in there and told him he needed to get back in bed. And he asked for a book. Uh, no. Go back to bed and SLEEP! He said okay and I was getting him back and bed and discovered his PJs were wet. And his sheets. Grrr some more. Not sure what happened but apparently before he woke up to go potty he went in his pull-up and it somehow leaked out. That hasn't happened since he was a baby...... So then I had to change the sheets and his PJs. Annoyed, the whole time, of course, because I want to be SLEEPING and I know that it will take me forever to get back to sleep....sigh. But at least I did fall asleep eventually. And at least Kyler went back to sleep instead of trying to get back out of bed to play.......

No comments:

Post a Comment