Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bragging on my husband

I just have to say that I have an amazing husband. The past two nights he has readily, if not joyously, ushered me out the door for time with friends and stayed home with the kiddos. He is so good about doing that but I don't usually ask him to twice in one weekend! I have just heard so many women talk about how hard it is to get away without the kids - and for many, it's not that husband can't watch them, it's that he can't because of work or whatever. But for some, their husbands just don't want them to leave him with the kids. I can honestly say that this may be my very favorite thing about Brian - he knows that I need some time away from the house and kids after a while and he is more than willing to give it to me.

Friday night I went with some MOMS Club friends to a yoga studio in Rockwall for a private class. I really love yoga but I don't have the money to do it reguarly like I want to. The class was interesting - this studio does hot yoga. It was about 90 degrees in the classroom! It was an hour long class and I'm so sore!

Saturday Brian and I went to see Inkheart. I was really pleasantly surprised by it. It's based on a book I loved, so I went in not expecting much from the movie - movies based on books typically disappoint me. But I really liked the movie. Although, I haven't read the book in quite awhile, so that probably helps - when I reread it I'll find all the things they did wrong!

Saturday night Brian let me go out again - I went to a friend's house to play Pokeno with some ladies from church. I'd never played before but it was easy - like Bingo with playing cards - and alot of fun. And we had yummy food, too. What more can you ask for?

And, to add onto the amazingness of my hubby - he's letting me go out next Friday night, too. I'm going scrapbooking at my aunt's church. I'm excited - haven't done any work on my scrapbooks since my retreat back in November. I'm so very behind. I'm still on October of 2007...and now we're in 2009. The thought of all those pictures piling up makes me want to go hide under the covers in my bed. But I will get them organized and I will go to the crop Friday night and work for 7 hours and maybe I can make some headway -maybe I can even get into the 2008 pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment