Sunday, January 11, 2009

Random stuff

The kids are napping (well, Melissa is - Kyler's at least quiet in his room :)) so I thought I'd take a second to share some random info.

-Went to church this morning. I really love my church. I enjoy the discussions we have in Sunday School and our service is always fabulous - we have a great music minister and an awesome pastor. The kids are learning more and more about God and Jesus which is wonderful - Kyler's still on Christmas, though. We are continually discussing the birth of Jesus in a farm (what he always calls barns). It's good to hear him talk about it. He told me last week, "Mom, did you know Jesus was born? And then He grew up to be our God!" I loved hearing that!

-Kyler is growing up too much. Yes, he does call me Mom these days, instead of Mommy. It makes me sad but it sounds cute coming out of his little mouth. :) He's talking about his 4th birthday already (actually he has been since about September -and his birthday isn't until June!) I didn't realize the hurrying to grow up started so early!

-Melissa....she's such a mess. Drama queen, if ever there was one. Everything is, "Miiiiiiine!!!!" - in an extremely ear-drum-shattering way! I cannot believe she will be a 2-year-old in three months. That's insane. Seems like just yesterday I was waiting for her to make her appearance....

-I just finished my WiiFit workout a few minutes ago. I really really love WiiFit. Bill and Sharon, my dear in-laws, if you are reading this - thank you for our WiiFit! It makes exercising fun and it really can give you a good workout. Just for reference of anyone considering buying it. :)

-I went to the movies yesterday with my sister and my momma. We saw Bride Wars. It was pretty cute and mostly clean, which is nice - I get so sick of seeing sex and nudity and hearing cussing all throughout movies. But I really hated Kate Hudson's hair in the movie. I personally think it looked awful. But maybe it's just me.

-Going along with that....I really like hanging out with my family. It was fun to go to the movie with Kate and Mone. And then Kate spent the night so she could go to Sunday School with us. I like hanging out with her. And I think my family should come over soon for a family game night. I love playing games. Although I think they just come over to play with the Wii....and the grandkids.... :)

-I really need a job. I want to teach but I'm getting very tired of applying for jobs and even going for a few interviews and not getting hired. I am a GOOD teacher, people! Just hire me, for goodness' sake! On the bright side, I really LOVE the job I have right now working 2 days a week at Mother's Day Out. I work with 4 year olds. I love the kids and my co-workers. The lady that teaches in my class with me is so much like me so we get along great teaching together. And it helps that we have an amazing group of kids to teach! And I LIKE being home with my kids the other 3 days (and knowing exactly who is taking care of them the 2 days they are at MDO with me) Right now I'm looking into finding something I can do from home in the time that the kids are playing quietly or napping. Editting or something. Something I can pick up when I am able to sit and work for a few minutes - not something I have to schedule time for in my day. That just doesn't work with 2 kids - I never know when they will need me and they do come first! If anyone has any ideas for me, let me know!

Okay, I just heard Kyler's door open so that must mean he is not going to take a nap today. Oh, apparently he was coming out to go potty for the 3rd time since I put him down for a nap. It always amazes me how long he can hold it other times but during rest time he thinks he needs to get up and go every 15 minutes or so! :)

Gonna go hang out with my boy while Meli is still napping! Have a terrific week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late, but what about something like medical transcription? I know there is always a need for it, and it seems like you can set your own schedule.

    ReplyDelete