Monday, July 25, 2011

If it's not one thing, it's another...

I had my 36 week check-up with my midwife today.  Found out that my rotten little son is breech.  Gah!  She (and a friend) gave me some ideas of things to try to get him to turn but Tina (my midwife) was very calm and encouraging about the idea of delivering him breech if it comes to that.  Why I need this complication thrown at me after everything else I've dealt with (and am still dealing with...) during this pregnancy, I don't know.  But if I've learned nothing else in the past 5 months, I've learned that I can handle more than I ever imagined possible.  And even though I hate it, I CAN be flexible.  So I'll continue on over the next 5 weeks praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby and mommy and I'll throw in a few (dozen) prayers for little man to turn himself the right direction!

Getting ready for my baby shower on Saturday!  I'm excited to spend some time with friends and family celebrating this new little life that God has entrusted to me!  I am thankful for my wonderful friend, Amanda, who has gone to such great lengths to make sure that the day will be perfect for me.  I love her for caring so much!  I can't wait to get his room all put together.  We're turning our office into a nursery for him.  I don't do well with babies sleeping in my room and I didn't want him in with Kyler right away so we decided this was our best option.  I've been working very hard on getting the office cleared out.  I'd say I'm over halfway done but there's still plenty left to do.  And then I get to start setting up baby furniture!  I just love preparing for a new baby! 

I spent this past weekend at a scrapbooking retreat with my aunt Doris.  I enjoy spending time with her (and with my cousins when we are all able to be together at the retreats!) and it was wonderful to just relax and let someone else take care of the cooking and cleaning.  I took naps, chatted, ate, watched movies, scrapbooked and not much else!  :)  It was a wonderful break from the reality of being a mom.  I enjoyed being back home with my kiddos today, though.  They are such awesome little people!

No comments:

Post a Comment