Friday, July 31, 2009

Money money money

I have been very much into saving money lately. I've gotten into shopping weekly and matching sales and coupons and such. I go to 4-5 stores every week but I get great deals so I'm okay with it. :) I planned from the beginning to try to stay under $100 each week and I've done good with that guideline but yesterday was my best yet. I spent only $81.17 when I went shopping last night. And almost $20 of that was on non-grocery items (stuff I needed for a wedding I'm in tomorrow and something for my Mother's Day Out class). So on household items and groceries I spent only $63.05 for the week! I was super excited. :) But I really need to get Melissa potty-trained b/c the weeks I have to buy diapers it totally throws off my budget!

On that note, there is a week between when I'm done with MDO and when public schools start and I'm going to start substitute teaching when I have no plans (as of yet...) so I'm planning to block out that week for some hard-core potty-training. Any tips or advice will be appreciated!

Headed this afternoon to Daingerfield and tomorrow one of my very best friends is getting MARRIED! I'm excited for her and can't wait to see how Kyler and Melissa will do as flower girl and ring bearer... I'm taking them Monday to get pictures at JCPenney in their wedding clothes because they are just TOO cute!

EXCITING NEWS OF THE WEEK: We're making plans to go to DISNEY WORLD! A friend of mine was telling some of us girls about a great deal she got on a Disney vacation package for the week of Thanksgiving so I called and was able to get the same deal. We'll be driving, can't afford plane tickets, but the trip is going to be WAY cheaper than I ever expected a trip to Disney World to cost us. I'm really really really excited (I've never been before!). We'll be leaving here the Friday before Thanksgiving and arriving in Orlando Saturday morning/early afternoon. Then we'll head home Tuesday. I can't wait and I hope the kids have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment