Thursday, May 22, 2014

A big week!

Today is May 22nd - this was my "due date" when I first found out I was pregnant.  I can't even imagine still having those two sweet little girls inside!  Instead, they came on their own time, as you know, and are now almost one month old!  Sunday will be one month and today we went and had their first professional pictures taken!  Yay!  Or not yay.  They were not pleased with the general state of their lives during the session.  But we did get some cute pictures and their unhappiness this morning led to a great nap for both of them AND for Mommy this afternoon.  Double yay!

Tuesday we will be taking the girls for their one month check-up at the doctor.  I got a call today that Sadie's newborn screen came back abnormal for TSH (thyroid) so she's going to have to get blood drawn for further testing.  Pray with us that it's nothing and the tests come back normal!

Speaking of doctor appointments, I have told Brian that all appointments will be made when he can go with me.  Luckily for me, his schedule is such that he is home most mornings and CAN go with us to our doctor appts, photo appts, etc.  It is quite an event to wrangle both girls plus Caedon.  I have not been brave enough to attempt it on my own yet.  We were blessed today that a sweet friend and co-worker came and picked Caedon up and took him to PDO with her.  I can only imagine how hard the photo session would have been with two screaming newborns and a busy toddler!

Things are going well here.  Busy but good.  The girls are growing so fast already.  They eat great - 4 oz bottles every 4 hours or so!  They are good sleepers for the most part and have been waking up only one time a night for the past several days.  Our house is very chaotic sometimes, especially around the times that I have to feed the babies.  It seems, for some reason, that's when the big kids always need me!  Caedon is acting out some lately - for attention, of course.  I'm trying to spend as much one-on-one time with him as I can when the big kids are at school and the babies are napping.  I know things are going to be much harder this summer when I have all five with me all day every day.  The two oldest especially are going to get bored really fast and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that yet...

Also exciting this week - Saturday Brian and I will be celebrating our anniversary!  11 years and 5 kids later...wow.  My sweet hubby made plans for two sets of baby-sitters for the kiddos so that we can go out (on our first date since we went to see Catching Fire in November...I can't wait).  We're going to our favorite place - The Melting Pot!  Yum!

I'll leave you with a few of the pictures from the girls' photo session this morning:

Rylan Grace

Sadie Jane
Rylan

Sadie
Pretty girls!

A collage I made with a few of the pictures from our session

No comments:

Post a Comment