Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Turning Point

....or what I like to call week 34.  This week has been miserable, honestly.

I think every pregnancy has that point.  When it becomes less fun and exciting to be pregnant and more miserable and uncomfortable and "GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME!"  That was this week for me. Although, obviously it was get these babies out of me.

I'm just gonna complain for a moment

Last Thursday night I was slightly nauseous, Friday I just wasn't hungry most of the day and I felt awful all weekend.  My appetite is way down this week (I'm sure there's just not as much room for food in there now that these babies are getting so big!). I've been having super annoying Braxton Hicks contractions, lots of them.  I'm starting to swell alot in my feet/ankles which is SO uncomfortable. Laying hurts, sitting hurts, standing hurts.  You get the picture.  I hurt.  I actually got a plastic lawn chair last Friday to put in the shower so I could shower sitting down.  Laugh if you want, but it's awesome.  There's just one downside - I never want to get out of the shower now.  It's warm and relaxing and I'm alone and the water feels so good....

I'm very emotional.  I'm getting anxious about delivery.  Since I'm seeing a midwife, there are just certain limitations.  She can't deliver the babies before 37 weeks and obviously she can't do surgery if I need a c-section.  I'm okay with ending up with a hospital delivery if that's what happens but I'm also just wishing I could KNOW what is coming.

I'm feeling bad, too, about how little I can do with my other kids right now.  I feel like the big kids come home from school and I just lay around all evening, asking them to do things for me.  Kyler and Melissa are so sweet to help me and take care of me and the babies but I wish that things were different right now.  And my house is a disaster area.  Sigh

I went to my perinatologist's office today.  I didn't get any pictures this visit because the girls are just getting too crowded for good pics now.  Baby A is weighing around 4 lbs, 14 oz and Baby B is a bit bigger, around 5 lbs, 3 oz.  So essentially, I'm carrying about 10 pounds of baby!  That's alot of baby!  Baby A is breech, Baby B is transverse.  Because Baby A is lower, it's possible that she could be born vaginally first and then Baby B would turn either head down or breech and also be born vaginally.  But there are so many "ifs" and "possibilities" in the whole scenario.  It makes me anxious.   The doctor today said it's looking less likely that they would be able to both be born vaginally - but that there is still time for them to change positions.  I'm trying so hard to just trust and go with the flow.  I KNOW my babies will be born and I KNOW my midwife will do and recommend what is best for me and for them.  My head knows all of that, my emotions just make me want to lay down and cry all afternoon.

I guess this hasn't been a very upbeat post...sorry about all of the complaining.  Maybe by the next time I post a baby update, I'll have gotten all of my packages delivered that I ordered this weekend and you can see baby nursery pictures.  That's more fun than listening to this mama whine, I'm sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment