Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Baby Update 33 weeks

I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow!  I can't believe it's only about 4 more weeks until these babies will be full-term!  We are so excited to meet our girls.  I'm feeling pretty good, still completely exhausted and I can get rather grouchy in the evenings (my poor children).  Some days I'm really emotional, just all these hormones running crazy through my body.  It's quite difficult keeping up with Caedon.  He's much too fast on those cute little legs of his... :)

I had an appt with the perinatologist today.  The girls continue to do great.  Their blood flow and fluid levels are both good and they are growing well.  I'm SO glad that they haven't had any problems due to the antibody issue.  We are truly blessed!

They are both breech again.  No surprise with Baby A, she just loves her little spot, but I was hoping that when Baby B moved out of the transverse position, she would go head down rather than back head up. Oh well, what can you do?  :)  I am seeing a chiropractor to try to give them a bit more room to maneuver into position but....maybe I'll be delivering breech twins???

Here are the tops of their cute little heads up close to Mommy's heart.  Baby A has her face turned inward so it's really hard to get any good pictures of her.  The doctor says she has her face up against her placenta.  Maybe it's a comfy pillow?  :)

Baby B's face. NOT as good as last time.  Brian said she looks kinda like a clown, lol!

When the doctor came in he was playing around with the 4D sono, trying to get us pictures of their faces.  This is Baby B's profile.  It's kinda squished b/c she actually had her hands and her umbilical cord up right in front of her face, but he kinda "photoshopped" that stuff out.

People often ask me how being pregnant with twins is different than one baby.  Besides the obvious getting-bigger-and-uncomfortable-earlier part, it's really not been different.  I feel tons of movement, but I did with all of my single babies as well.  But the other night I got up to go to the bathroom and when I laid back down in bed, I realized that I was feeling both babies have hiccups at the same time.  They both have hiccups often but that was the first time they'd ever had them at the same time and it was the coolest thing!

I'm so anxious to meet them - especially after meeting my sweet new nephew Ben last week - but I know I'll miss this special time when it's just me and them.  I'm treasuring every second (except maybe the seconds when I sit down on the floor and realize I can't get back up!) of this last pregnancy!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to have twins on the way. Praying delivery will be easy.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete