Monday, January 20, 2014

This is getting real, y'all

Say it with me:  "Yes, you're really going to have FIVE kids."

We've moved Caedon to the toddler bed (still working on the transition but he's such a great go-with-the-flow kid.  Love it!), we've cleaned out and reorganized Kyler's room to make room for Caedon and his stuff.  Next up is actually relocating Caedon.  Then it will be time to clean out and reorganize Melissa's stuff so that we can move her to her new room!  Melissa is excited about moving (we've told her that she still gets bunk beds even though she'll have her own room and that was all that really mattered to her!) and keeps asking WHEN she gets her new room.  I can't wait to have her current room all cleared out so I can start putting the twins' stuff in it! 

The idea of welcoming two infants into our home at the same time is scary and overwhelming.  Some days it totally freaks me out.  I also feel so very blessed.  Many many people know that I always wanted twins.  Always always always. I would have been perfectly content with one baby this time around, of course, because while I always wanted twins, I never expected to actually have them!  I would have been content with the twins being two boys and we actually all hoped for one of each.  However, when I used to imagine having twins, it was always two girls.  I am thrilled that God chose to give me something that has been one of the deepest desires of my heart for so many years.

I'm 22w4d today and at my visit with my midwife this morning I was measuring 30 weeks!  These girls are growing, for sure!  I'm absolutely loving the kicks and wiggles from both of them!  This pregnancy is hard for me because I know after these two are born, I'm done.  I love being pregnant but Brian and I both agree that 5 kids is plenty for us and we won't be planning to have any more.  It makes me sad to know that I'll never get to hold another little one so close to my heart and feel his or her first sweet movements.  However....I also CANNOT WAIT until it's time for me to hold these two little girls in my arms!  My feelings go in two different directions quite frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment