Monday, January 13, 2014

My kids just keep growing up!

Last Wednesday, I brought the toddler bed in from the garage and cleaned it off and set it up in Caedon's room.  The crib is still in there at the moment, too, they are sitting side-by-side.  He is doing such a great job sleeping in his big boy bed at night.  A couple of nights he's woken up in the middle of the night but he's doing good. Nap time on the other hand is not so fun. I always hate that transition at nap time.  He's ended up back in the crib for a few naps because he just won't go to sleep otherwise.  With Melissa, for a long time we used to lay in there next to her bed until she fell asleep.  We may resort to that with Caedon, too (he's always been very similar to Meli in all his sleeping habits...)  However, I'm getting bigger with this pregnancy all the time and then the twins will come and neither of those are really conducive to spending an hour or so laying on the floor in a toddler's room every afternoon. This too shall pass.  I just remind myself of that.  By the third kiddo, I know that all the frustrations that go with different phases and transitions are just temporary.  He will adjust, we will adjust and it'll be fine.  :)

Trying out his big boy bed right after I set it up

Sleeping sweetly :)

We have some other big news this week, too!  For quite a while both Kyler and Melissa have been interested in baptism and we talk often about what it means and why we do it.  They always come away from the conversation still wanting to get baptized but deciding they're not quite ready to make the decision to ask Jesus to be the boss of their life (that's how we talk about it most of the time.  It's true, we have to be ready and willing to give up control and let Jesus be in charge).

Yesterday morning, Brian and I were still in bed and Melissa came in and cuddled up with us and said, "I want to get babatized."  So we started discussing it again, what it means to get baptized, what we do before we get baptized, what we believe about God and Jesus, etc.  She decided she was ready to take the first step and pray, telling God exactly what she believes about Jesus and asking that Jesus would come be the boss of her life and help her live the right way.  I'm so proud of my sweet girl!  She has such a tender heart and I pray that she will grow in her relationship with Him throughout the years.

Now she wants to know...WHEN can I get bapatized?  :)
 
Love this precious girl.  So thankful that I can call her my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment