Monday, August 29, 2011

Labor

Caedon's labor is officially my longest.  With Kyler I was induced, in the hospital 24 hours before he was born, actual labor was about 17 hours.  Melissa was my easy one - 8 hours, start to finish, wonderful home waterbirth that I dreamed of repeating with this one.  Unfortunately my boys apparently love to be difficult.  When Caedon was breech and then turned, I thought we were on track for an easy time.  I mean, seriously, it's my third.  How long could it take.  Little did I know....

I told Brian that I kinda wanted my water to break on it's own because I'd never experienced that.  Be careful what you wish for.  My water broke at 1:10 am on 8/28 and here I am at 5:53 am on 8/29 still holding my son inside my uterus.  My body wasn't ready for labor when my water broke, I guess.  But I want him to get out!  My midwife had me doing several things to get labor going, including drinking castor oil and taking other herbal supplements.  They seemed to work for a while, as my contractions started getting very regular and more intense.  And then they just stopped.  She's told me that by 8 am we have to make a new plan - basically meaning I'll be headed to the hospital to be medically induced.  This is not what I want.  I'm grateful the hospital is there when I need it and that they can get this baby out one way or another and I know that he needs to be born soon since my water has been broken so long but I'm having a hard time giving up the dream of my second homebirth.  Praying for peace, knowing that, above all else, Caedon's safety and mine are what is the most important.

Today is my Papa's birthday so my little man will share this day with him.  And apparently Caedon is very much like his Pawpaw.  My Gran told me yesterday about her labor with my dad - her water broke at 12:30 am on 3/27 and my dad wasn't born until after 3 pm on 3/28.  My dad was her third baby, too, and her water had never broken spontaneously, either.  I guess I take after my Gran.  There are worse people to be like.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment