Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I've been having a hard time getting good sleep lately.  Not only am I waking up frequently to use the bathroom and switch sides so my hips won't get stiff, but I've been having alot of heartburn at night because I'm laying down.  Yuck.  Last night about 1 am, after waking up 3 times in 3 hours, I moved to the couch and slept sitting up the rest of the night.  I got much better rest that way!

This morning I took the kids to Hawaiian Falls with some free passes that we had.  I don't recommend taking 2 kids by yourself when one of them wants to do everything and the other wants to do nothing.  Not very fun.  Melissa would have had more fun if she hadn't gotten caught under the river of water that dumps from the BIG bucket on top of the children's area every 10 minutes or so.  She got caught under it the first time it dumped after we arrived, though, and then she was freaked out the rest of the time we were there.  Kyler loved the lazy river and the slides - he even wanted to try the slides that he wasn't tall enough to ride yet!  He's so brave.  :) 

Tomorrow is my last day of work for the summer - and then I'll be off until the end of October/beginning of November.  I'm planning to go back after Caedon gets his first round of shots at his 2-month check-up.  I think I'll miss going to work and I KNOW Melissa will miss going to school but I'm sure we'll keep ourselves busy with a very special baby boy!

After work tomorrow I have my 39 week check-up with my midwife and then we have meet the teacher night at Kyler's school.  I can't believe my boy is starting first grade - and he has his first loose tooth!  He's so excited! 

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks - everything is ready for my little man to come and I can't wait to find out what day he'll choose for his birthday.  I just wish everyone would stop asking me when it's going to be....it's not up to me!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I so should have gone with you all to Hawaiian Falls. Next summer it's a must. AMG

    ReplyDelete