Monday, June 6, 2011

My least favorite part of being pregnant

It's not being uncomfortable, having to pee alot, back pain, etc.  I expect those and they're just a natural part of carrying another human being inside your body.  But I get so sick of people's ridiculous comments.  I'm not saying I don't like to talk about my pregnancy.  I'll stand around and talk about it and answer your questions all day if you want.  Especially if you want to talk about natural/homebirth. :) However, one lady already told me, when I was only 24 weeks, that I looked like I'd already "dropped."  Really?  At 24 weeks?  No, I just carry low.  Thanks, though, for your comments about my body.  And yesterday at church I had this conversation that just baffled me.

This lady asked me if I was ready to have the baby.  I just looked at her and said, "No.  He's not due until the end of August.  It would be a REALLY bad thing if he came now."  (Besides the fact that I love being pregnant, this is the last time I plan to do it and I intend to enjoy every little wiggle even when it's 100 degrees outside.  :))

She asks how many weeks I am and I said, "I'm only 28 weeks."  She, through this entire conversation, is eyeing my stomach skeptically like she expects Caedon to explode out of there at any moment.  Again, really?  I don't think I'm THAT big.  I have, in my opinion, a pretty typical 6-months-along-with-my-third-baby pregnant belly.

1 comment: