Monday, May 11, 2009

Amazing sense of timing

I really don't know how she does it. Melissa managed to be sick on yet another holiday. Crazy child. Saturday night she started running a fever. I thought it was teething b/c she's cutting her two year molars. Sunday evening her fever shoots up to 103.5 and she starts having diarrhea. Yeah, more than teething. So I took her to the doctor today. Apparently it is some teething - and the beginnings of an ear infection (in both ears, actually). So the doctor gave me a Rx for antibiotics to fill if her fever continues through tomorrow.

Today she only napped for an hour and woke up crying so she's already in bed (I put her to bed at 6:15 - she was a grouchy little thing). What's funny (annoying) is that when we were at the doctor she had no fever and she was her regular little happy chatty self. Why do kids do that? I remember my mom complaining that we used to do that when we were kids, too. Weird.

Just a random side note. I used the abbreviation for prescription earlier - Rx. I don't understand that abbreviation. Where did it come from? I guess I could look it up but I'm lazy.

OH! Mother's Day! Almost forgot. I got to order my own, basically, b/c there was a picture I wanted to get to hang in our bedroom and new sheets for our bed so I ordered those. And then Brian and the kids got me a card and some Milano cookies and Blue Bell ice cream. :) We had a good time hanging out with my family and Brian's parents. Would have been better without a sick Melissa, but it was fun regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment