Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"'Cause getting your dreams, it's strange, but it seems a little - well - complicated..."

Most people who know me know that I've always said I wanted twins.  Ever since I was a little girl I wanted twins.  I remember once my Gran showed me a newspaper article about a woman who had 2 sets - AT THE SAME TIME.  Otherwise known as quadruplets, of course, but they were 2 sets of identical twins.  She told me "be careful what you wish for!"

She was right.  Naturally.  Aren't grandmothers always right?  I would not in a million years trade my twins for anything in the world because you know what?  I still wanted them.  I never imagined that after my three singletons God would decide to give me those twins I always desired but He did.  And not even just twins.  I always always always wanted twin girls.  He blessed me with these two precious little girls and I adore having them.

But, man.  Twins after three singletons?  5 kids?  It's hard.

Tonight I carried both girls to their room, sat down in the rocking chair and enjoyed being in their bright and cheery sunshine room and snuggling my two sweet babies.  I sang "Jesus Loves Me" and "You Are My Sunshine".  And they looked at me and smiled.  My heart was full.  Every hard moment was worth it.

And then they both started crying.  And I said, "Bedtime!"

"Bedtime? What do you mean bedtime?  Look how adorable we are.  You do NOT want to put us in those beds.
Hey, where are you going?  We said no bedtime!  NO bedtime!"

No comments:

Post a Comment