Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Growing Up

It's always bittersweet watching my kids hit new milestones and make transitions.  I love watching them learn and grow but I always miss that little bit of "baby" that they lose every time they learn something new. 

Caedon has several transitions to make in the next 5 months before the twins come - getting rid of paci, moving to a toddler bed, moving into Kyler's room and (hopefully!) potty-training.  Yesterday he decided to take care of one of those transitions on his own without any encouragement from Mommy!

Caedon just a few weeks ago, sleeping sweetly with his paci
Yesterday morning when I went to get Caedon from bed, he handed me his pacifier and said, "Throw it away."
I said, "You wanna throw your pacis away?"
Him, "Yeah, put it in the trash."


So he took the two pacifiers he had in his bed and put them right into the trash can.  And then at naptime there were no tears.  He didn't even ask for paci.  He just sang and talked himself to sleep.  At bedtime and again at naptime today he did ask where paci is but I reminded him that he put them in the trash and they're gone now and he didn't fuss about it.  He's still in there right now talking and singing but I'm hoping he'll be asleep within the hour!  

I am just amazed at how easily he made the transition to no paci - and that he did it on his own without prompting!  After the nightmare of a time we had getting Melissa off of her beloved paci, I was not looking forward to it with Caedon.  Relieved mommy over here!

It seems that he turned into a big boy overnight!  Where's my baby go?

No comments:

Post a Comment