Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy First Day of School!

First Day of School scrapbook page :)





My kids were ready to head to school this morning!  Kyler was excited to see his friends, although I think he was a little nervous about the change in teacher and classroom.  Melissa couldn't wait to get to kindergarten!  She'd been bouncing with excitement for about a week.

Here are my big kids ready to head into school for a brand-new school year!
 We got to school and got Kyler settled into his classroom first.  He has friends in there so I knew he'd be just fine to be the one dropped off first!

My handsome little man!

Melissa snuck into Kyler's picture with his new teacher, Mrs. Hubbs :)

After telling Kyler bye - with no kisses! - we headed down to the kindergarten wing to drop off my sweet girl.....

Melissa with her kindergarten teacher, Mr. Ron

Sitting at her table looking through her school box :)

I successfully dropped the kiddos off, with no tears!  I will admit that later on, though, once Caedon was down for his nap and the house was so quiet, I shed a few tears.  I was missing the company of my chatterbox Melissa!

Caedon and I had a fun day, though!  We had lots of snuggles and kisses and we got to go eat breakfast with friends - where Caedon ate a whole breakfast taco and jar of baby food.  Piggy!  Caedon also got his first big boy haircut!  He looks so handsome :)

I adore baby kisses!  :)
 
After his haircut - he was so excited!

He loved all the extra "just-mommy" playtime
After school we picked up Kyler and Melissa and went to Sweet FROG for frozen yogurt!  Yummy!  They told me all about school and how much they love it - makes my heart happy to know that they are happy and well-cared for at school!  Kyler said he had a great day back.  I didn't get alot of details but he said the best parts were PE and recess. I'm not surprised.  :)  Melissa informed us that Mr. Ron is cooler than Kyler's teacher and she told me all about their hunt for a gingerbread man in their classroom and about all the books they read today. But...she would like everyone to know that kindergarten recess is DUMB. She wants to play on the BIG playground. She cracks me up!

Frozen yogurt!  Yum!

A picture of Caedon at Sweet FROG - just cause I like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment