Monday, December 19, 2011

Babies - the ultimate teachers of flexibility

 I have control issues.  I admit it.  I like things to go my way (aka the RIGHT way) all the time.  I am much better about it now than I used to be, though.  Seriously, I am,  Stop laughing.

You would think (you know, before you actually have any of your own) that babies are easy to deal with in this respect.  I mean, they're BABIES.  They can't walk or talk or anything. They have to do whatever you want them to do, right?  Um, no.  Babies eat and sleep and poop.  That's pretty much all for the first few months.  And a little bit of playing.  But guess what?  They do it all when THEY want to!  They do typically get into a routine but just when you get used to them being on one schedule something changes.  They grow a little, they learn something new, they just decide they're annoyed with you ;).  And all of a sudden they're not eating when you think they will, they're definitely not sleeping when or as long as you think they should.  It's just chaos. 

But it's a chaos that I wouldn't trade for anything.  When I went and got my crying boy out of his bed at 6:45 this morning, after he didn't go to bed until 11:30 last night, he grinned at me and his tears dried right up.  I love that little man.

My favorite of his 3 month pictures.  His little expression is so mischievous!

He's precious, yes?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment