Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I love *knowing* my baby.  Caedon is a really good baby and he's pretty much in the routine of eat, sleep, awake time, sleep more, etc.  But the last few days he hasn't wanted to sleep much.  I kept saying that I thought he wanted more to eat.  He wasn't acting like he was starving after finishing his bottle, but when we would try to get him to sleep he would just fuss and cry and doze for a short time.  Today I gave him just an extra half an ounce in his bottles and he's gone back to his 2 1/2 hour naps.  Mommy knew exactly what he needed.  :)  Now if this wonderful sleep will carry over into nighttime tonight, I'll be thrilled.  I need some sleep, too!

Kyler and Melissa are doing pretty well with him.  They really don't pay him all that much attention except on the rare occasion that they'll come over to give a hug or talk about how cute he is.  They are having to learn that they can't YELL in the living room (his room is right off the living room).  I know people say to let them adjust to sleeping through the noise and such, but once he's asleep I want him to stay that way for awhile and their yelling won't accomplish my goal! 

The two big kids were both sick this past week.  I'm pretty sure it's just their allergies acting up, but they both had fevers so they were told to stay away from the baby.  Thankfully it doesn't look like he's picked up any bug they might have been passing around.

I hate Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  Brian works until 7:45-ish those nights and the full days of single mommy kill me.  But I'm thankful he's here to help me.  He really is an amazing Daddy!

This morning I'm pretty sure Caedon was trying to give us his first smiles.  His little face lit up and his mouth was turning up a bit at the corners.  I can't wait to see a full blown grin on that adorable face!

Picture time!
Sleepy time with Mommy!

Kisses from sister!

Someone is NOT please with his first bath.

Sleeping oh-so-sweetly in his carseat

Big brother helping feed Caedon before school one morning

Melissa, Grandma, Caedon and Kyler

He is way too cute
Naptime in his crib

No comments:

Post a Comment