Sunday, June 7, 2009

My funny kids

Yesterday morning Melissa was hanging out with us in bed after she woke up and she started a conversation with me about gender.
Her: Daddy and Kyler are boys.
Me: That's right. What about Mommy and Melissa. Are we doggies?
Her: No, we're girls!Me: Oh! What about Grammy and Aunt Kate. Are they kitties?
Her: No, girls!
Me: OH! Well, what about Pawpaw, Uncle Chris and Uncle Zach? Are they elephants?
Her: No, they're a hippo!

I just cracked up laughing. She's hilarious. :)


Yesterday evening Kyler was playing with all his new birthday toys and I guess Melissa was driving him crazy trying to play with them, too. But my little one is learning diplomacy, apparently. He turned very nicely to Melissa and said, "Melissa, you can sit in my new Cars chair, if you want to." Success! She thought that was a grand idea and it got her away from his new train track (for about 5 seconds). Later she was bugging him again so he said, "Melissa, you can play with my big Thomas train. It's in my room." HA! And then last night while Brian was putting them to bed while I was at the grocery store Kyler gave Melissa a big hug and said, "Thank you for playing with my train track with me today!" Such a sweet, SMART boy. :)

Pictures from his party coming ASAP. I can't believe I have a 4 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment